An Italian classic that is meltingly tender on the inside and crispy on the outside.
por•chet•ta (noun): Italian-style pork roast that has been seasoned with garlic and herbs.
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp. fennel seed
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon
- 1 tbsp. orange zest
- 2 tbsp. kosher salt
- 2 tbsp. black pepper
- 3 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 4 lb. Schnucks pork shoulder roast
- 2 pints cherry or grape tomatoes
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 (12 oz.) pkg. Earthbound Farm Organic Mashed Cauliflower
- 1 (10 oz.) pkg. Schnucks Freshly Frozen chopped spinach
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a food processor or blender combine garlic, parsley, rosemary, thyme and fennel; pulse until combined. Stir in zest, salt and pepper. Rub pork with 2 tablespoons oil and herb mixture.
- Place pork onto rack inside a roasting pan and cook until internal temperature reaches 140 degrees, 3 - 4 hours. Remove from oven. Cover with foil and let rest 20 minutes. Carve into 1/2-inch thick slices. Cover and refrigerate remaining pork for later in the week.
- Increase oven temperature to 400 degrees. On a sheet pan, toss together tomatoes and remaining oil. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Roast until tomatoes burst and begin to brown, 10-15 minutes.
- Serve pork and tomatoes with prepared cauliflower and spinach. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
580 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 13G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.