This hearty chowder will keep you warm and full this fall with seasoned pork, tender potatoes, and fully flavored pinto beans.
por•chet•ta (noun): Italian-style pork roast that has been seasoned with garlic and herbs.
- 1 tbsp. Schnucks vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 1 tbsp. Schnucks Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can no salt added diced tomatoes
- 4 cups unsalted chicken broth
- 1 russet potato, diced
- 1 (15 oz.) can reduced-sodium pinto beans, rinsed
- 2 1/2 cups chopped porchetta
- Heat oil in a large heavy-bottomed pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and celery and cook, stirring often, until softened and starting to brown, about 5 minutes. Add garlic, paprika and Italian seasoning and continue to cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add wine and tomatoes, stirring to scrape up any browned bits. Add broth and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add potatoes, reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes. Stir in beans and pork; simmer until potatoes are tender, 8-10 more minutes. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
How to Prepare Porchetta
In a food processor or blender combine garlic, parsley, rosemary, thyme and fennel; pulse until combined. Add in lemon and orange zest, salt and pepper. Rub pork with oil and herb mixture.
530 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 8G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.