Schnucks is putting a new spin on an old classic. This warm sweet potato salad is perfect for parties and gatherings.
- 4 lb sweet potatoes, peeled and diced into ½" cubes
- 6 strips Schnucks bacon, chopped
- ½ white or red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- ¾ cup Schnucks cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp Schnucks olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp course ground mustard
- ¼ cup cilantro or parsley, chopped
- Boil sweet potato cubes until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and keep warm.
- Heat skillet over medium-high heat and cook bacon until crisp.
- Remove the bacon and drain on paper towels.
- Add onion, garlic and celery to the bacon fat and cook until soft, about 3-4 minutes.
- Carefully add vinegar and mustard to the pan. Cook for 2 more minutes. Whisk in the oil, salt and pepper.
- Add the hot dressing to the potatoes and toss gently to coat.
- Gently stir in cilantro or parsley. Serve warm.
226 Calories Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 1G