Enjoy this delicious twist on stuffed peppers from Schnucks.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- (1) 15 oz. can Schnucks kidney beans
- (1) 15 oz. can corn, drained
- (1) 10 oz. can Schnucks diced tomatoes with green chili
- ½ cup Schnucks salsa
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 cup rice, cooked
- 1½ cup Schnucks shredded Cheddar cheese
- 4-5 bell peppers, halved lengthwise
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cilantro for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Brown ground turkey in a large fry pan until cooked through.
- Add beans, corn, diced tomato, salsa, garlic, cumin, chili powder, rice and 1 cup cheese to turkey in pan. Reserve ½ cup of cheese.
- Cut bell peppers lengthwise and spoon out the ribs and seeds.
- Place peppers in 9x13" greased baking dish.
- Spoon turkey mixture into pepper halves.
- Bake uncovered for 40 minutes until peppers have softened and cheese is melted.
- Add reserved cheese during the last 5 minutes.
- Garnish with green onions and cilantro.
352 Calories Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 6G