These hand pies are perfect for parties!
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple
- ¼ cup packed Schnucks brown sugar
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Schnucks all-purpose flour, plus additional for dusting
- 1 tsp McCormick® ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 pkg (15 oz) refrigerated pie crusts
- 12 wrapped caramels, cut in half
- 1 Schnucks large egg
- 1 tsp coarse sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line rimmed baking pan with parchment paper.
- Core and thinly slice apple; coarsely chop slices. (You should have about 2 cups.) In large bowl, toss sugar, lemon juice, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and apples. Dust work surface with flour.
- Soften 1 pie crust as label directs; unroll pie crust. With 3" round cutter or glass, cut 9 circles from dough. Gather dough scraps; with rolling pin, roll out scraps and cut 3 more circles. Place about 2 tablespoons apple filling and 2 pieces caramel in center of 6 circles; top each with remaining 6 circles. Seal edges of pies with fork; transfer pies to prepared pan. Repeat process with remaining pie crust to make 6 more pies.
- In small bowl, whisk egg; evenly brush tops of pies with egg and sprinkle with salt. With paring knife, cut 2 vents in top of each pie.
- Bake pies 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Makes 12 hand pies.
200 Calories Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 4G