Serve stuffing in a new way this year.
- 3 large acorn squash
- 2 tsp Schnucks olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 3 cups whole-grain dressing
- ½ lb turkey sausage, cooked and crumbled
- ¼ cup Schnucks walnuts, chopped
- ¼ cup panko breadcrumbs
- (1) 8 oz container of pomegranate arils or 8 oz seeds from fresh pomegranate
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Halve squash vertically and scoop our seeds. Brush with oil then top with salt and pepper.
- Arrange cut side down on a baking sheet and roast until soft, about 30 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan over medium heat, stir together whole-grain dressing , cooked sausage and walnuts; cook until warmed through.
- Remove squash from oven and flip. Divide dressing mixture among squash and top with panko. Return to oven and bake until panko is crispy and golden, about 10 minutes or, if making ahead, cover with foil and refrigerate.
- If refrigerated: Bake foil-covered squash in a 350°F oven until heated through, about 20-30 minutes. Remove foil and increase oven temperature to 400°F. Return to oven and bake until panko is crispy and golden, about 10 minutes. Evenly top with pomegranate and parsley; serve immediately.
535 Calories Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 3G