This recipe is a pepper-peach.
- (1) 7-8 lb Schnucks spiral sliced ham
- 8 oz Captain Rodney's original or hot Scotch Bonnet pepper jelly
- 1 cup Schnucks peach preserves
- 1/4 cup packed Schnucks light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Schnucks apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Schnucks Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Place ham, cut side down, in 13 x 9-inch metal, glass or ceramic baking dish. Bake 1 hour or until internal temperature reaches 90°F.
- Meanwhile, in 1- to 2-quart saucepan, heat jelly, preserves, brown sugar, vinegar and mustard to boiling over medium heat; cook 1 to 2 minutes or until sugar dissolves, stirring occasionally. Remove saucepan from heat.
- Remove ham from oven. Spoon some glaze over ham; return ham to oven. Bake 45 to 55 minutes longer or until internal temperature reaches 130°F, brushing ham every 15 minutes with additional glaze. Remove ham from oven. Carefully place ham on serving platter. Cover loosely with foil and let stand 15 minutes before serving. Internal temperature will rise to 140°F upon standing.
- Pour any drippings in 13 x 9-inch pan into same saucepan with any remaining glaze; heat to boiling over medium-high heat. Boil 8 to 10 minutes or until sauce is reduced to about 2 cups. Slice ham and serve with sauce.
538 Calories Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 8G