Fresh, crisp and colorful, this summertime salad can be enjoyed as a main dish or side for any meal.
- 3/4 cup farro
- 1 cup low sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 4 cups chopped arugula
- 1 firm ripe nectarine, chopped
- 3 scallions, white and green parts, sliced
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped Wonderful Pistachios No Shells
- 4 oz. crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- In a pan, combine the farro, broth and water. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to simmer, cover and cook for 25 minutes, until the farro is tender. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- In a large bowl, toss the cooled farro, arugula, nectarine and scallions.
- In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil, lemon juice, thyme, salt and pepper. Pour over the salad and toss to coat.
- In a dry skillet, toast the pistachios over medium for 1 minute. Stir into the salad. Sprinkle the feta cheese over top before serving.
311 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 5G