Prepare this brisket low and slow in your smoker or in the oven.
- 1 (12 - 14 lb.) Certified Angus Beef ® brand whole brisket, untrimmed
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/3 cup kosher salt
- 1/3 cup black pepper, coarsely ground
- 2 tbsp. garlic powder
- 2 tbsp. onion powder
- 2 tbsp. paprika
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- While brisket is cold, trim excess fat, leaving about 1/4-inch fat cover. Give special attention to removing hard fat on the side, the underside and the area between point and flat.
- Mix together garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, chili powder, kosher salt and pepper in a small bowl. Season brisket on all sides.
- Set up smoker to 225°F (we recommend hickory and apple wood). Place brisket, fat side up on grill grate and cook 6 hours, or until internal temperature reaches 160°F.
- Remove brisket and double wrap with heavy duty foil, add beef broth to the foil packet. Return to smoker or oven at 225°F, until brisket reaches 204°F internal temperature.
- Remove from smoker or oven, open foil slightly to allow steam to vent. Rest for at least 2 hours in a portable cooler or on the counter.
- To serve, separate the flat muscle from the point with a horizontal cut between the two. Slice thinly against the grain to serve.
970 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 29G