Keep warm this chilly season with this delicious (and nutritious) white chicken chili recipe!
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 3 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne
- 2 (15 oz.) cans white beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 (4 oz.) cans green chilies
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 can (15.25 oz.) corn, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups shredded chicken, cooked
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1/2 cup low fat plain Greek yogurt
- shredded cheese (optional)
- tortilla chips (optional)
- cilantro (optional)
- sliced jalapeños (optional)
- Heat a Dutch oven pot over medium-high. Add oil, onion, garlic and spices. Sauté until onions are soft, about 8 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, mash 1 cup of beans into paste with potato masher. Add mashed beans, whole beans, broth, green chilies, tomatoes and corn to pot. Stir to combine and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer and cook 15-20 minutes. Add shredded chicken and cinnamon. Stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- In a small bowl, combine Greek yogurt with zest and juice of lime. Serve with hot chili and optional toppings.
284 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 1G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.