Cool off this summer with this watermelon-herb lemonade recipe from Schnucks.
- 6 large lemons
- 10 fresh basil or mint leaves, divided
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cups Schnucks granulated sugar
- 1 seedless watermelon, rind removed and cut into 1" chunks
- From lemons, grate 2 tablespoon lemon peel and squeeze 1 1/2 cups cups lemon juice.
- Finely chop 4-5 basil or mint leaves.
- In 2 quart saucepan, heat water and sugar over medium heat 3-5 minutes or until sugar dissolves, stirring frequently. Remove saucepan from heat and stir in lemon peel and chopped herbs. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a blender or food processor, purée watermelon until smooth. Strain watermelon purée through a fine-mesh strainer into a large bowl. Pour cooled sugar mixture through the same strainer. Discard solids.
- Transfer watermelon-sugar mixture to large pitcher. Stir in lemon juice and remaining herbs for garnish. Serve immediately over ice or refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
151 CALORIES Per Serving