Add as much spicy as you like–soul food at it’s best.
- 2 tbsp. Schnucks olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 2 lbs. fresh collard greens
- 1 (32 oz.) pkg. low-sodium vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp. liquid smoke
- 1 tbsp. dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp. ground mustard
- 2 tbsp. Schnucks apple cider vinegar
- cayenne pepper sauce, to serve (if desired)
- Remove ribs and stems from collard greens, with leaves sliced into 1-inch-thick strips.
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion and cook 7–10 minutes or until golden and softened, stirring occasionally. Stir in garlic and crushed red pepper. Cook 1 minute more.
- Working in batches, stir in collard greens, letting them wilt slightly before adding more. Stir in stock, liquid smoke, brown sugar and ground mustard.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low. Partially cover pot and simmer 45 minutes to 1 hour or until greens are tender and liquid has evaporated, stirring occasionally.
89 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 1G