Enjoy a lighter fall flavored soup.
- 2 tbsp. Schnucks olive oil
- 8 oz. Schnucks salsiccia sausage
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 6 cups chicken stock (see recipes notes)
- 1 (15.5 oz.) can reduced-sodium cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups torn kale leaves
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 1/4 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup Parmesan-Garlic Croutons (see recipe notes)
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add sausage and cook, breaking up with a spoon or spatula, 3–4 minutes or until browned. Remove sausage with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add onion and celery to saucepan and cook 4–5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in garlic and crushed red pepper. Continue to cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute.
- Stir in stock and beans. Return sausage to saucepan and bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, about 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add kale, lemon juice and lemon zest; cook, stirring frequently, 2 minutes more or until kale is just wilted.
- Serve immediately topped with Parmesan cheese and croutons.
Use Schnucks chicken stock or follow our recipe for Rotisserie Chicken Stock using the bones and scraps from a rotisserie chicken.
Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Add all ingredients to a large bowl and toss to combine. Spread into a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake 15–20 minutes or until bread is crisp and golden, stirring occasionally. Let cool.
- 4 cups cubed bread
- 6 tbsp. butter, melted
- 3 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
339 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 7G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.