A breakfast worthy of making the breakfast-for-dinner rotation.
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 5 oz. kale, chopped (yield 2 cups)
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 cup Schnucks shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp. fresh basil, chopped (or 1 tsp. dried)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 lb. ground Italian turkey sausage
- 1 tbsp. Schnucks olive oil
- 3/4 cup tomato sauce
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, Schnucks shredded Parmesan cheese and fresh basil (or dried); season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large high-sided ovenproof skillet, brown ground Italian turkey sausage over medium-high heat.
- Push sausage to one side of pan and heat Schnucks olive oil in open area; sauté sliced pepper and onion for 5 minutes.
- Stir in kale and cook 3 minutes more or until vegetables are tender.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, pour egg mixture into skillet and continue to cook 6–8 minutes or until almost set, running a spatula around edge of skillet and lifting egg mixture so uncooked portion flows underneath.
- Transfer skillet to oven and bake 4–5 minutes or until top is set.
- Top with tomato sauce, return to the oven and bake 3–5 minutes more or until warmed through.
- Let stand for 5 minutes. Slice and serve topped with additional Parmesan cheese and/or basil, if desired.
Cheap Eats Your Way!
Swap the sausage for 1 lb. cooked, diced red-skin potatoes. Add to skillet before adding egg mixture. Continue as directed.
357 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 8G