Try this soup on the next chilly day.
- 2 tbsp. Schnucks canola oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 tsp. Schnucks ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. Schnucks chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. Schnucks paprika
- 1/4 tsp. Schnucks ground cayenne pepper
- 32 oz. chicken stock
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) Schnucks petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 6 corn tortillas, cut into 1/2" pieces
- 1 1/4 lb. roasted turkey, chopped into 1/2" pieces
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup finely shredded Cheddar Jack cheese, optional
- In 5 to 6-quart heavy stockpot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, carrot, celery and garlic. Cook 3 to 4 minutes or until onion is soft, stirring occasionally. Add spices and stir until well combined; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through.
- Stir in stock, tomatoes with their juice and tortillas. Heat to boiling; reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook 15 to 20 minutes or until soup thickens and tortillas dissolve, stirring occasionally. Add turkey and cook 5 minutes longer or until heated through. Remove from heat and stir in cream. Ladle into warm bowls; sprinkle with cheese, if desired. Makes about 7 cups.
360 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 18G