This recipe is stew-rrific.
- 1 1/2 tbsp. Schnucks olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 pkg. smoked turkey sausage, cut lengthwise in half then cut crosswise into 1/2" thick slices
- 3 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 48 oz. low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) Schnucks diced tomatoes
- 1 pkg. Schnucks dry lentils
- 1 small lemon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup Schnucks finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- In large saucepot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add vegetables and cook until celery is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add sausage and cook 4 to 5 minutes or until sausage is browned, stirring occasionally. Stir in garlic, coriander and cumin and cook 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in broth, tomatoes with their juice and lentils and heat to boiling over high heat. Reduce heat to medium, cover and simmer 10 minutes. Uncover and simmer 35 to 40 minutes longer or until lentils are tender.
- From lemon, squeeze 1 tablespoon juice. Stir salt, pepper and lemon juice into stew. Serve stew sprinkled with cheese. Makes about 9 cups.
353 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 3G