Make a delicious gravy using all of those yummy leftover juices and bits plus a few add-ins.
- 1/4 cup pan drippings, from turkey
- 1 cup onion, chopped or 1 cup mushrooms, chopped (or ½ cup of each, chopped)
- 1/4 cup Schnucks flour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 tbsp. sage
- 2 tbsp. thyme
- Add pan drippings to a large pan over medium heat. Warm until melted.
- Add onion and/or mushrooms to pan and sauté until softened, about 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in flour and cook until flour browns slightly, about 2-3 minutes.
- Gradually whisk in chicken stock, white wine, sage and thyme.
- Bring to a boil and cook, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes or until thickened.