Soups and chilis are an easy way to get added veggies into your meals that even the pickiest eaters will enjoy. The combination of peppers, zucchini, lean turkey and beans pack this soup with fiber and protein to keep you full all evening.
- 1 lb. 99% lean ground turkey
- 1 sweet yellow onion, diced
- 1 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 poblano peppers, chopped
- 2 jalapeño peppers, sliced
- 1 tbsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 large zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro, plus more for garnish
- 1 (15 oz.) can Full Circle organic pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (16 oz.) jar Pace Salsa Verde
- 2 cups Pacific organic low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup Schnucks plain Greek yogurt
- 1 small avocado, chopped
- lime wedges, for garnish
- 32 Full Circle Organic Yellow Corn Tortilla Chips
- Warm a large pot over medium-high heat and coat with cooking spray. Add turkey and cook until browned, 5–7 minutes. Add onion, garlic, peppers, cumin and oregano; continue cooking another 3–5 minutes until vegetables have softened.
- Stir in zucchini, cilantro, beans, salsa and vegetable broth. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer 3 hours.
- To serve, ladle chili into bowls and top as desired with yogurt, cilantro, lime wedges and avocado. Serve each bowl with 8 tortilla chips on the side.
500 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 2G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.