This recipe is so delicious, it’s gobble-de-good.
- 4 cups apple cider
- 4 cups water, plus more if necessary to cover turkey
- 1 1/4 cups kosher salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup peppercorns
- 4-6 rosemary sprigs
- 6 thyme sprigs
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 head garlic, smashed
- 1 fresh or frozen turkey, thawed if frozen
- Combine all ingredients except turkey in a large pot. Stir and bring to a boil, then turn off heat and cover.
- Allow brine to cool completely and pour into a large brining bag or 5-gallon bucket/pot. Place uncooked turkey in cider brine, adding more water if needed to cover. Refrigerate for 16 to 24 hours.
- Remove turkey from cider brine, rinse inside and out then pat dry with paper towels. Add turkey to roasting pan and allow to rest until reaching room temperature, about 1-2 hours. Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Add turkey to oven and roast until reaching an internal temperature of 165°F (about 15 minutes per pound of turkey). Let turkey rest at least 15 minutes before carving.
348 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 3G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.