Bring the tropics to your own backyard with this chilled recipe! It not only beats the heat but can be made in advance, so you can crunch on this slush all summer long.
- 2 (3 oz.) packs orange gelatin dessert
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 cups pineapple juice
- 1 bottle (750 ml.) Jim Beam bourbon
- 1-2 jalapeños, halved
- 2 liters ginger ale, to serve
- In a large pot, bring 5 cups water to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in gelatin, sugar, juice, bourbon and jalapeños. Let cool then discard peppers.
- Transfer to a large freezer-safe container. Cover and freeze at least 6 hours or up to 1 month.
- To serve, chop slush with a spoon, divide among glasses and top with ginger ale.
Since this slush keeps for 1 month, save even more time this summer by making a large batch and storing it in the freezer, ready to serve at a moment's notice.
260 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 0G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.