This recipe is the pesto, er, best-o.
- 1/2 cup pesto
- 2 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 4 slices ciabatta bread
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced
- fresh basil, to taste
- Preheat large skillet or grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Combine pesto and mayonnaise, stirring well. Spread 1 tablespoon pesto mixture on each piece of bread. Top two bread slices with 4 tomato slices, two pieces of provolone and fresh basil leaves. Top with the remaining bread slices.
- Using a metal spatula, press sandwiches onto hot skillet until golden brown, about 4-6 minutes per side. Turn once. Maintain pressure on the sandwich with spatula while cooking.
- Cut sandwiches in half and serve.
675 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 16G