Get ready to indulge in a comforting and delicious dish – Tofu Lasagna! This vegetarian twist on the classic favorite is bursting with mouthwatering cheesy flavor!
- 15 lasagna sheets, cooked according to package
- 14 oz. firm tofu, pressed of excess moisture
- 10 oz. frozen spinach, thawed
- 1/2 tsp. Schnucks olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 8 oz. baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 (29 oz.) can Schnucks tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- 3-4 large tomatoes on the vine, sliced 1/4 in. thick
- 1 1/2 cups low-moisture part skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- Place the tofu in a blender and mix until smooth. In a medium bowl, stir together the tofu and spinach. Season with salt and pepper (if desired). Cover and set aside.
- In a medium stockpot over medium heat, add the oil and the onion; cook for 2–3 minutes. Add the mushrooms, zucchini and peppers and cook for 4–5 minutes, until tender. Stir in the garlic and Italian seasoning then add the tomato sauce. Reduce the heat to low and let simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in the tomato paste.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a 9x13 baking dish, spread a thin layer of tomato sauce on the bottom of the pan. Lay 3 3/4 lasagna noodles on the bottom of the pan, top with half of the tomato sauce, add another layer of noodles and spread the tofu mixture on top; repeat with another layer of noodles and the remaining sauce. Top with remaining noodles and arrange tomato slices on top, completely covering the noodles. Top with cheese.
- Cover with greased foil and bake for 40 minutes; uncover and bake for 10 more minutes until cheese is bubbling. Set aside to cool for 25 minutes.
552 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 4G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.