This three bean chili is a healthy and hearty dinner option.
- 1 lb. 90% lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste
- 2 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tbsp. ground oregano
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 can (4 oz.) mild green chiles
- 4 cups low-sodium beef broth
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 can (15 oz.) low-sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 oz.) low-sodium kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 oz.) low-sodium pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 whole wheat dinner roll
- In a large pot, cook ground beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato paste, chili powder, oregano, cumin, brown sugar, cayenne pepper, chilies, broth, salt and pepper. Stir to thoroughly combine and simmer 30 minutes.
- Add black, kidney and pinto beans and simmer 5 minutes, until heated through. Serve with whole wheat dinner roll.
526 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 5G