Merry Grinchmas! There’s never been a treat that can make your heart grow three sizes with every bite than The Grinch® Blossom! Inspired by the famously mean holiday character, each green Grinch® cookie is covered in green sugar crystals and topped with a HERSHEY’S KISSES Chocolate and a small red icing heart. These Grinch® sugar cookies are easy to make and are sure to please a crowd – of humans and Whos alike.
- 48 HERSHEY'S KISSES Milk Chocolates, divided
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar for Grinch® Green Sugar (see recipe notes)
- 1 (17.5 oz.) pkg. sugar cookie mix
- flour, as called for on sugar cookie mix package
- butter, as called for on sugar cookie mix package
- eggs, as called for on sugar cookie mix package
- food coloring (blue and yellow)
- 1 tube red decorator's icing
- Heat oven to 375°F. Remove wrappers from chocolates; set aside. Make Grinch® Green Sugar; set aside.
- Mix cookie dough following package directions for cutout cookies. Using food color tint cookie dough to the desired shade of green.
- Shape dough into 48 equal balls (about 1 inch each). Roll in Grinch® Green Sugar. Place about 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and cookie is set. Remove from oven; cool 2 minutes. Press milk chocolate piece into center of each cookie. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
- Pipe heart onto each cookie using red frosting.
Grinch® Green Sugar
- Place 1/3 cup granulated sugar in small bowl or food storage bag.
- Add equal parts blue and yellow liquid food color to get desired shade of green.
- Stir or shake to get uniform sugar color.
- Allow sugar to dry.
90 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 2.5G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.