Baked potatoes are the ultimate blank canvas for tasty toppings. Just set everything out and let your guests do the rest!
- 10 medium russet and/or sweet potatoes, scrubbed
- Schnucks olive oil
- coarse salt and pepper
- assorted toppings (see recipe notes)
- Position rack in middle of oven and preheat to 475 degrees. Prick potatoes all over with a fork, then rub with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place directly on rack and bake about 1 hour or until outsides are crisp and insides are tender. Serve warm with toppings of choice.
Whipped Herb Butter
Using an electric mixer, beat together all ingredients until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Serve at room temp.
- 2 sticks of butter
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 2 tbsp. minced fresh rosemary
- 2 tbsp. minced fresh thyme
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
Peppered Blue Cheese Sour Cream
Stir together all ingredients. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
- 16 oz. sour cream
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- black pepper, to taste
Add shallots to saucepan and submerge in vegetable oil. Cook over medium-low heat until browned and crisp, about 20 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer shallots to paper towels to drain. Season with salt and let cool.
- shallots, sliced into thin rings
- vegetable oil
- salt, to taste