Substitute butter lettuce for tortillas on the next taco Tuesday for a lighter lunch. This carb-smart meal comes filled with Verde Farms 100% grass-fed ground beef, black beans and a variety of fresh veggies for the perfect balance of healthy flavors.
- 1 lb. Verde Farms 85/15 Ground Beef
- 1 (4 oz.) can diced green chiles
- 1 (1.25 oz.) packet Ortega 40% less sodium taco seasoning
- 1 cup canned no-salt-added corn kernels, drained
- 1 cup canned no-salt-added organic black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 8 butter lettuce leaves
- 1/2 cup Schnucks Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 jalapeño, sliced
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet over medium heat; drain excess fat. Stir in green chiles, seasoning and 1 tablespoon water. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1–2 minutes or until water is evaporated. Stir in corn, beans and cilantro and cook until warmed through, 1–2 more minutes.
- To serve, place two lettuce leaves on a plate and top with equal portions of beef mixture, yogurt, tomatoes, cheese, onion and sliced jalapeño.
420 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 8G