This simple Sweet Potato Gratin recipe provides a tasty twist on the classic potato au gratin dish that is sure to impress!
- 1/2 (10 oz.) bag mini marshmallows
- 1 cup half-and-half, divided
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. white pepper
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, thinly sliced to 1/4 in. thick rounds
- 2/3 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. butter
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 tbsp. light brown sugar
- 3 tsp. pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Stir marshmallows in heat proof bowl over medium pot of simmering water. When melted, add 1/8 cup half-and-half and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, mix remaining half-and-half with garlic, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Simmer for 10 minutes. Set aside.
- In a medium skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add pecans, brown sugar and maple syrup. Cook, stirring frequently, 3–4 minutes until caramelized. Set aside.
- In a greased 8x8-inch baking dish, add potatoes and cheddar in 3 layers. Pour sauce over layers, top with parmesan, cover and bake 1 hour. Bake 10 minutes uncovered until top is golden brown. Top with pecans and drizzle with marshmallows before serving.
222 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 4G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.