Transform your traditional surf and turf to a fun backyard BBQ kabob. Serve as an appetizer or as the main course.
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1 tbsp. chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp. chopped cilantro
- 2 tsp. chopped oregano
- 1 small jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 lbs. sirloin steak, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 (16 oz.) bag frozen raw jumbo shrimp, thawed, peeled and deveined
- 2 large bell peppers, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, red onion, parsley, cilantro, oregano, jalapeño and salt to make chimichurri. Cover and let sit for 1 hour at room temperature before serving.
- Preheat the grill medium high heat, about 425 degrees. Thread the meat on skewers, alternating sirloin, peppers and shrimp. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Spray the skewers with non-stick cooking spray, grill for 8-10 minutes, or until desired doneness, turning frequently.
- Spoon half of the chimichurri over the skewers while hot, serve immediately with remaining sauce.
621 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 12G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.