Stuffed peppers that will give you super-powers (at least that is what you can tell the kids).
- 4 large bell peppers
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 3/4 lb. lean ground turkey
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. fennel seed
- 2 cup chopped vegetables (see recipe notes)
- 1 (13.5-oz.) jar Culinaria pizza sauce
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup Schnucks shredded pizza cheese
- 1/2 cup mini pepperoni
- chopped fresh local parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut tops off of bell peppers along with just enough of the bottoms so peppers can stand upright (do not remove entire bottom).
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Sauté ground turkey, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, fennel seed for 5 minutes. Add 2 cups chopped vegetables of choice (see recipe notes) and reserved diced pepper; continue to cook 4–5 more minutes or until turkey is browned and vegetables are tender. Stir in pizza sauce and fresh spinach; cook 2 more minutes or until warmed through.
- Divide mixture evenly among peppers and top with shredded pizza cheese and mini pepperoni. Bake uncovered 5–10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve immediately topped with chopped fresh local parsley.
- bell pepper
- sweet corn
Kids in the Kitchen
Once the tops have been removed, kids can remove the ribs and seeds with their hands—no knife needed—while an adult makes the filling. Kids can also help fill the peppers before an adult returns them to the oven.
417 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 9G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.