These are the perfect project for a snow day.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Beat butter and sugar with mixer on high speed until smooth, about 3 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla.
- Reduce mixer speed to low. In a separate large bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to wet ingredients.
- Refrigerate dough for 45 minutes. On a floured surface, roll out dough to about ¼" thick and cut into desired shapes.
- Place shapes on foil-lined baking sheet. Refrigerate for an additional 15 minutes.
- Bake 6-8 minutes. Let cool until firm enough to transfer to a cooling rack. Decorate as desired.
- In a large bowl, whisk together 2 cups powdered sugar, 3 tablespoons milk, 5 drops food coloring of choice and 2 tablespoons corn syrup until smooth.
- Beat 4 cups powdered sugar and 1½ cups Schnucks unsalted butter on low speed until combined.
- Add 3 tablespoons heavy cream, 1 tablespoon vanilla and ¼ teaspoon salt; continue beating until fluffy.
Decorate Your Sugar Cookies
Create a Swirled Icing Effect
- Using a pastry bag with a fine tip, lightly outline cookie with royal icing and let dry.
- Fill in the outline with royal icing. Close any gaps by moving icing with a toothpick.
- While icing is wet, add designs using a different color royal icing.
- Create swirls by dragging tooking through wet icing.
Try These Delicious Toppings
- Chocolate chips
- Chopped nuts
- Shredded coconut
- Mini marshmallows
- Chopped candy bars
- Crumbled potato chips
- Crushed peppermint
- Breakfast cereal
- Dried fruit
112 Calories Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 3G