“It all starts with a good rub.” This perfect blend of sea salt, paprika, garlic and hickory smoke flavor is mixed with brown sugar and paired with Stubb’s Original Bar-B-Q sauce for delicious pulled pork. Make it in the slow cooker for an easy twist on a classic southern favorite.
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 4-6 lbs. boneless pork shoulder
- Stubb's BBQ Rub
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 (18 oz.) bottle Stubb's Original Barbecue Sauce
- 7 tbsp. brown sugar
- buns or tortillas, to serve
- Place onion slices in bottom of slow cooker. Generously rub pork shoulder with Bar-B-Q Rub. Place in slow cooker on top of onion. Add cider vinegar and water to slow cooker. Cover.
- Cook on high 5 to 6 hours or on low 8 to 10 hours.
- Remove pork from slow cooker and place in large bowl. Discard cooking liquid and onions. Shred pork using two forks.
- Return pork to slow cooker. Add Bar-B-Q Sauce and brown sugar, stirring gently to mix well. Cover.
- Cook on low 1 to 2 hours. Serve on buns or in warm tortillas.
379 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 7G