This dessert is perfect for grilling.
- 16 oz. fresh strawberries, hulled and coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp. Schnucks granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp. water
- 8 oz. Schnucks whipped cream cheese spread
- 1/3 cup Schnucks powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp. Schnucks pure vanilla extract
- 1 (10.75 oz.) frozen pound cake, thawed
- Schnucks nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup thawed Schnucks whipped topping
- fresh mint leaves for garnish (optional)
- In medium bowl, toss strawberries with granulated sugar and water until sugar dissolves. If not serving right away, cover and refrigerate up to 4 hours.
- Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium heat. In medium bowl, with rubber spatula, stir cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla until well combined.
- Slice pound cake crosswise into 8 equal slices. Evenly spread cream cheese mixture on 1 side of 4 slices of pound cake. Place remaining 4 slices over cream cheese mixture to close sandwiches. Spray outside of sandwiches lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
- Grill pound cake sandwiches 3 to 4 minutes or until grill marks appear, turning once halfway through cooking. Place 1 sandwich on each of 4 dessert plates. Top with strawberry mixture and whipped topping; garnish with mint leaves, if desired.
624 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 22G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.