Lasagna is usually a labor of love. Fortunately, this version packs all the decadent, cheesy goodness of the original into a quicker, easier package.
- 3 tbsp. Schnucks olive oil
- 12 oz. assorted mushrooms, trimmed and coarsely chopped
- 1 large shallot, finely diced
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh oregano leaves, plus more for garnish
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp. minced garlic
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 cup Schnucks sour cream
- 8 oz. dried lasagna noodles, broken in half
- 1 cup Schnucks shredded Italian six-cheese blend
- finely shredded Parmesan cheese, to serve
- In a large high-sided ovenproof skillet, heat 3 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat. Sauté mushrooms and shallot 6–8 minutes or until just tender and browned. Stir in oregano and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Return skillet to range and heat butter over medium heat. Sauté garlic 1 minute. Sprinkle flour over top and continue to cook, stirring frequently, until golden, about 1 minute more.
- Whisk in milk, 1 1/2 cups water, salt and pepper. Bring to a gentle boil, then reduce heat to low and whisk in sour cream. Add one-third of the noodles, pushing down into sauce to submerge, followed by a third of the mushrooms. Repeat with half of remaining noodles and mushrooms, setting remaining mushrooms aside. Top with remaining noodles. Bring to a simmer; cover and cook about 20 minutes or until noodles are al dente.
- Preheat broiler. Top lasagna with Italian cheese blend and reserved mushrooms. Broil until cheese is bubbly and browned, 2–3 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let stand at least 10 minutes. Serve topped with Parmesan, additional fresh oregano and more black pepper.
311 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 7G