Including lean beef like flank steak is a simple way to add beneficial nutrients to your diet. Not only is it packed with protein, but it’s also full of immune-boosting minerals like iron and zinc.
- 1 cup ground polenta
- 1/3 cup blue cheese
- 2 (12 oz.) pkgs. fresh green beans
- 1 1/2 lb. skirt or flank steak, cut into 4 equal pieces
- 1 tbsp. Lawry’s seasoned pepper
- 1/2 cup no-salt beef broth
- 1 minced shallot
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- chopped fresh parsley, if desired
- Prepare polenta and green beans according to package directions and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Add blue cheese to polenta and stir to combine. Cover to keep warm.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and coat with cooking spray. Season steak with salt and pepper, if desired and add to pan. Cook 2-4 minutes per side or until steak reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees. Transfer steak to a cutting board, reserving drippings in pan. Let steak rest 5 minutes then slice against the grain
- Add shallot and thyme to pan and cook 2–3 minutes, scraping up browned bits. Add broth and stir until bubbly, about 2 more minutes. Whisk in mustard.
- Serve steak with green beans, polenta and pan gravy. Top with chopped fresh parsley, if desired.
520 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 7G