These sweet and savory St. Louis style ribs require only 15 minutes of active time in the kitchen and then 3 hours of slow roasting in the oven for fall off the bones tender ribs.
- 3 tbsp. Schnucks olive oil, divided
- 1 (3 lb.) rack St. Louis style ribs, membrane removed and cut into four segments by butcher
- 1 (14.4 oz.) bag frozen pearl onions
- 2 large apples, peeled and diced
- 1 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tbsp. smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp. no-salt creole seasoning
- 1 (12 oz.) bottle hard cider (sweet)
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tbsp. Schnucks tomato paste
- 1 tsp. Schnucks dried oregano
- chopped parsley, to serve
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large ovenproof pot over medium heat. Sear ribs on all sides, remove from pot and set aside.
- Add remaining olive oil, onion and apples to pot. Sauté until softened, 2-3 minutes. Stir in garlic, paprika and seasoning and cook 1 more minute.
- Return ribs to pot. In a large bowl, whisk together cider, chicken broth, tomato paste and oregano. Pour mixture over ribs, cover and bake until very tender, about 3 hours.
- Remove pot from oven. Skim fat, carefully remove ribs from liquid and cover with foil to keep warm. Return pot to range over medium-high heat and simmer until reduced, 6-8 minutes.
- Pour mixture over ribs, top with parsley and serve with sides such as a salad and mashed sweet potatoes.
Ask Your Butcher
Ask to remove the membrane and cut your rack of ribs into four equal segments. This will allow ribs to be cooked in a pot.
670 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 7G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.