Add a protein-packed punch to your pasta with this delicious recipe.
- 8 oz spaghetti
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut into 1½" pieces
- ½ cup Schnucks frozen peas
- 1 tbsp Schnucks olive oil
- 1 lb boneless, skinless turkey breast fillets, cut into 1½" pieces
- ½ tsp salt, divided
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 leek, thinly sliced crosswise
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- ½ cup less-sodium chicken broth
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat large covered saucepot of water to boiling over high heat. Add pasta and cook as label directs, adding asparagus and peas during last 2 minutes of cooking. Reserve ½ cup cooking water, then drain pasta and vegetables; return to saucepot and cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in nonstick 12" skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Sprinkle turkey with 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Add turkey and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. With tongs, transfer turkey to bowl; cover to keep warm.
- Reduce heat to medium. To same skillet, add leek; cook 1 minute, stirring occasionally. Stir in garlic; cook 30 seconds. Add carrots; cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add broth and reserved cooking water; heat to simmering and simmer 2 minutes. Add turkey and simmer 2 minutes longer or until internal temperature of turkey reaches 165°F; remove from heat. Stir in half the basil, lemon juice and remaining ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Pour vegetable mixture over pasta mixture and toss until well combined. Serve immediately sprinkled with cheese and remaining basil.
Using some of the pasta cooking water helps flavor the sauce without additional fat or salt.
478 Calories Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 3G