Find new ways to use phyllo dough with help from Schnucks.
- 3 pkgs. Schnucks frozen chopped spinach
- 2 tbsp. Schnucks extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pkg. Schnucks Select feta cheese in brine, drained and finely crumbled
- 1 large Schnucks egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup Schnucks unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 1 (16 oz.) pkg. frozen phyllo dough, thawed
- Remove spinach from packaging and place in large microwave-safe bowl. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and heat in microwave oven on high 5 minutes. Remove plastic wrap and, with fork, break spinach into chunks. Cover spinach with plastic wrap and heat 1-2 minutes longer or until spinach is mostly thawed but still cool enough to handle. Squeeze spinach to remove any liquid; repeat if necessary until spinach is dry.
- Meanwhile, in nonstick 12" skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook 5-6 minutes or until tender and golden, stirring occasionally. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds, stirring. Remove skillet from heat; stir in spinach until well combined. Add feta cheese, egg, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper and stir until well blended. Makes about 4 1/2 cups.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In small microwave-safe bowl, heat butter in microwave oven on high 1 minute or until melted. Very lightly dampen a large clean kitchen towel with water. On large cutting board, unroll phyllo dough vertically in front of you. Cut dough lengthwise into three 3" wide strips.
- Place 1 strip phyllo dough on work surface. With pastry brush, very lightly brush phyllo with some melted butter. Place second strip of phyllo over butter, making sure edges align and immediately covering remaining phyllo with damp kitchen towel. Lightly brush second strip of phyllo with some butter. Place 1 heaping measuring tablespoon spinach mixture on bottom corner of strip. Fold phyllo with its spinach enclosed diagonally to form a triangle; continue as though folding a flag. Place triangle on large cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining phyllo dough, butter and spinach mixture. Brush tops lightly with any remaining melted butter.
- Bake triangles 18-22 minutes or until golden brown on top. Serve triangles hot.
Make-Ahead and Freeze
- Prepare triangles through step 4
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in freezer at least 3 hours
- Transfer frozen triangles to zip-tight freezer bag; seal bag, pressing out excess air
- Freeze triangles up to 3 months
- Bake as directed in step 5
70 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 2G