Made with fresh veggies, tender noodles and juicy white-meat chicken, Healthy Choice Chicken Noodle Soup is comfort food without the guilt. Plus, adding kale to this soup-and-sandwich combo elevates this meal to the next level. Kale is a powerhouse of nutrients boasting higher amounts of vitamin C than an orange as well as high amounts of antioxidants, vitamin A and vitamin K.
- 4 tsp. Schnucks olive oil, divided
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small leek, cleaned and thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 bunch kale, leaves removed from stems and torn into medium pieces
- 1 (15 oz.) can Healthy Choice Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1/2 cup canned no-salt-added cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 slices Pepperidge Farm 7 Grain Light Style Bread
- 2 slices Sargento reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 1/2 medium jalapeño pepper, thinly sliced and divided
- fresh parsley sprigs, if desired
- In a large pot heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, leek, garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook 6–8 minutes or until onion is tender, stirring often.
- Add kale. Reduce heat to medium and continue to cook, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes or until kale is wilted. Season with salt and black pepper, if desired. Remove half of kale; set aside.
- Stir soup and beans into pot. Cover and simmer until ready to serve.
- Make sandwiches by layering reserved wilted kale leaves over half of the bread slices. Top with cheese and a few jalapeño slices then remaining bread slices. Brush both sides of each sandwich with remaining oil.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Place sandwiches in skillet and cook 8–10 minutes or until bread is golden brown and cheese is melted, pressing flat with a spatula occasionally and turning once halfway through.
- Garnish soup with sliced jalapeño and parsley sprigs; serve with sandwiches.
450 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 4G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.