Arrange citrus and carrots on a serving platter and sprinkle with pecans, pepitas, lime zest and mint leaves, if desired.
- 2 lb. multicolor carrots, unpeeled, halved if large, tops trimmed to 2 inches
- 1 tbsp. Schnucks olive oil
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup Schnucks maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. ground cayenne pepper
- juice and zest of one lime, divided
- 1 1/2 lb. mixed citrus fruits, sliced 1/8 inch thick, seeds removed
- 1/4 cup candied pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup roasted pepitas (shelled pumpkin seeds)
- mint leaves, to garnish (if desired)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Toss carrots with olive oil and arrange in a single layer on a rimmed, parchment-lined sheet pan. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Roast 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan combine butter, maple syrup, cayenne and lime juice. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until foamy, 3–5 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven; add citrus and turn carrots. Drizzle butter mixture over top of produce and roast until browned, glazed and tender, 15–20 minutes more.
- Arrange citrus and carrots on a serving platter and sprinkle with pecans, pepitas, lime zest and mint leaves, if desired.
303 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 6G