This tasty penne pasta recipe is filled with tomato flavor and garlicky goodness. It will be ready to enjoy in less than 30 minutes!
- 1 (8.8 oz.) pkg. Barilla Red Lentil penne pasta
- 4 tbsp. Schnucks olive oil, divided
- 3 tbsp. non-pareil capers, drained
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. Full Circle organic crushed red pepper flakes
- 1.5 lbs cherry tomatoes
- 3 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1/2 cup packed fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup pecorino romano cheese, grated
- Bring a large pot of water to boil on high heat. Cook penne according to package directions until al dente. Drain, reserving 2/3 cup of pasta water for sauce; cover and set aside.
- In a large nonstick sauté pan, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium-high. Pat capers dry, then add to pan and cook 2–3 minutes, stirring frequently, until crisp. Transfer capers to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Add remaining olive oil, garlic and red pepper flakes to hot pan. Sauté 1 minute or until fragrant. Add cherry tomatoes, then cook until blistered and starting to burst, about 3–5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and add tomato paste, stirring frequently. Cook until color darkens, about 2 minutes. Add reserved 2/3 cup pasta water and cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until saucy. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Stir in cooked pasta and half the sliced basil. Top with crispy capers, remaining basil and pecorino romano cheese. Serve immediately.
378 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 3G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.