Spice it up tonight with these Spicy Chipotle Pulled Pork Sandwiches.
- 1 boneless rolled Boston pork roast (about 3 pounds)
- 1 can (7.5 ounces) chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, chipotles coarsely chopped
- ½ cup Schnucks ketchup
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ¼ cup Schnucks honey
- ¼ cup white or red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp. Schnucks tomato paste
- 1 tbsp. dried oregano leaves
- 2 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 8 Schnucks hamburger buns
- sliced ripe avocado, refrigerated pico de gallo and/or fresh cilantro leaves for toppings (optional)
- Remove strings from pork. Trim off and discard any excess fat. In 4-½-quart or larger slow-cooker bowl, stir remaining ingredients except for buns and toppings until well blended. Add pork, turning to coat in sauce. Cover slow cooker with lid and cook on low 8 to 9 hours or on high 4 to 4-½ hours or until pork is very tender. Do not lift lid during cooking.
- Transfer pork to large bowl; reserve sauce in slow-cooker bowl. With 2 forks, shred pork. For spicy pork, pour 1½ cups reserved sauce into pork; for milder pork, strain 1½ cups sauce to remove chipotles before stirring into pork. (If desired, cover and refrigerate or freeze excess sauce to use another day.) Makes about 5 cups pork. Serve pulled pork in buns with desired toppings.