Spice it up tonight with these Spicy Chipotle Pulled Pork Sandwiches.
- 1 (3 lb.) boneless rolled Boston pork roast
- 1 (7.5 oz.) can chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, chipotles coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup Schnucks ketchup
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup Schnucks honey
- 1/4 cup white or red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp. Schnucks tomato paste
- 1 tbsp. dried oregano leaves
- 2 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 8 Schnucks hamburger buns
- Remove strings from pork. Trim off and discard any excess fat. In 4 1/2 quart or larger slow-cooker bowl, stir remaining ingredients except for buns and toppings until well blended. Add pork, turning to coat in sauce. Cover slow cooker with lid and cook on low 8 to 9 hours or on high 4 to 4 1/2 hours or until pork is very tender. Do not lift lid during cooking.
- Transfer pork to large bowl; reserve sauce in slow-cooker bowl. With 2 forks, shred pork. For spicy pork, pour 1 1/2 cups reserved sauce into pork; for milder pork, strain 1 1/2 cups sauce to remove chipotles before stirring into pork. (If desired, cover and refrigerate or freeze excess sauce to use another day.) Makes about 5 cups pork. Serve pulled pork in buns with desired toppings.
386 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 5G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.