Spice up your ham this holiday season with rum and cola.
- 1 Schnucks spiral-sliced ham
- 2 cans cola, divided
- 3/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup packed Schnucks light brown sugar
- 3 tbsp. spiced rum, such as Captain Morgan's
- 1 tbsp. Schnucks Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Place ham, cut side down, in 13x9" metal, glass or ceramic baking dish. Pour 1 can cola over and around ham. Bake 1 hour or until internal temperature reaches 90°F.
- Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan, heat remaining 1 can cola to boiling over medium heat; boil 10 minutes or until thickened and reduced by half. With whisk, stir in marmalade, brown sugar, rum, if using, mustard, thyme and cloves; cook 5 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Remove saucepan from heat. Makes about 1 1/2 cups glaze.
- Remove ham from oven. Brush ham with some cola glaze; return ham to oven. Bake 50 minutes longer or until internal temperature reaches 130°F, brushing ham every 15 minutes with cola glaze. Remove ham from oven. Carefully place ham on serving platter. Cover loosely with foil and let stand 15 minutes before serving. Internal temperature will rise to 140°F upon standing.
- our any drippings in 13x9" pan into same saucepan with any remaining glaze; heat to boiling over medium-high heat. Boil 15 minutes or until sauce thickens and reaches desired consistency. Makes about 2 cups sauce to serve on the side.
682 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 12G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.