This hearty dinner is as satisfying as it is simple! Pro tip: make your squash easier to cut by poking it with a fork and sticking it in the microwave for a few minutes first.
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 2 medium spaghetti squashes, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 1 cup no-salt-added pasta sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil, plus whole basil leaves to serve
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 (12.7 oz.) pkg. Gardein Classic Meatless Meatballs, prepared according to instructions
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 4 cups cooked broccoli, divided to serve
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine oil and garlic in a small bowl; brush over cut sides of squash. Place squash, cut sides down, on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake 40–45 minutes or until flesh is tender.
- Shred squash with two forks, leaving 1/4 inch flesh in each shell. Add shredded squash to a large bowl along with pasta sauce, Parmesan cheese, basil and crushed red pepper. Stir to combine and season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Return squash mixture to shells. Top with meatballs and mozzarella cheese. Bake 10–15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve topped with fresh basil leaves and 1 cup of broccoli per serving.
500 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 5G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.