Utilizing plant-based ground beef as the base and aquafaba (chickpea liquid) as a binder, these vegan meatballs are beyond brilliant.
- 1 lb. plant-based vegan ground beef (such as Beyond Beef)
- 1/2 cup Schnucks Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed of excess moisture
- 1/4 cup finely diced onion
- 2 tbsp. aquafaba (liquid from can of chickpeas) or 1 egg
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper (if desired)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 (16 oz.) pkg. Schnucks dried spaghetti
- 1 (24 oz.) jar pasta sauce of choice
- chopped fresh parsley (if desired)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a medium bowl combine first eight ingredients, working together with your hands until well mixed. Form into 18 meatballs (about 1 1/4 inches in diameter) and arrange on a sheet pan. Lightly coat meatballs with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake 10–12 minutes or until browned and firm, turning once halfway through.
- Meanwhile, prepare spaghetti according to package directions and heat pasta sauce in a pot. Serve pasta topped with meatballs and sauce. Garnish with chopped parsley, if desired.
552 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 2G