A fast and easy dish made with just a few ingredients in under 20 minutes. This dish combines spaghetti, Parmesan cheese and pancetta in a creamy egg sauce.
- 1 lb. Anna Spaghetti
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 4 oz. bacon or pancetta, cubed or sliced into small strips
- 4 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 small white onion, chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- sea salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk eggs with 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese, set aside.
- Cook pasta until Al Dente, drain and reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion to skillet and sauté until it starts to turn translucent.
- Add garlic and pancetta or bacon and sauté for 3 minutes until it starts to crisp.
- Turn off the heat to the skillet, immediately add drained pasta and toss quickly.
- While tossing the pasta slowly add the egg mixture - toss and fold the pasta quickly to avoid the eggs scrambling but it's very important to toss the pasta with the egg mixture before the skillet completely cools.
- Add reserved cheese and continue to toss, adding more pasta water for a thinner sauce, if desired.
- Taste pasta and add salt and pepper as needed. Garnish with parsley and serve immediately.
510 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 7G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.