Simply delicious and full of flavor, this Chicken Tortilla Soup will easily become a family-favorite in your home.
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 2 (10 oz.) cans Schnucks Mexican-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 Schnucks rotisserie chicken, shredded (about 2 cups)
- 1 (15 oz.) can Schnucks no-salt-added black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (10 oz.) pkg. Schnucks Steamin’ Easy frozen corn
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves, plus more to serve
- sliced avocado, to serve (if desired)
- sliced jalapeño peppers, to serve (if desired)
- nonfat plain Greek yogurt, to serve (if desired)
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium. Sauté bell peppers and onion until softened, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute more, stirring frequently. Stir in coriander, chili powder, cumin and smoked paprika.
- Add chicken stock, tomatoes, tomato paste and 3 cups water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in chicken, beans, corn and cilantro; return to a simmer and cook 15 minutes more, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Serve immediately topped with more cilantro and—if using—avocado, jalapeño and Greek yogurt.
196 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 1G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.