Full of flavor and color, enjoy the southwest take on tuna salad.
- 2 cans (10 oz. total) solid white albacore tuna in water, drained
- 1 can (15 oz.) dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn
- 1 1/4 cup red bell pepper, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 1/4 cup cucumber, cut lengthwise in half, then cut crosswise into
- 2 limes
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh basil leaves
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- In medium bowl, flake tuna with fork. Add beans, corn, pepper and cucumber.
- From limes, grate 2 teaspoons peel and squeeze 2 tablespoons juice. In small bowl, with whisk, stir oil, salt, cumin, lime juice and peel until well blended; stir in basil and cilantro. Pour oil mixture over tuna mixture and gently toss to combine. Makes about 6 cups.
226 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 2G