Surf’s up! Try this southwest take on Surf and Turf–where seafood and red meat meet. (Hint: it’s in the taco seasoning.)
- 2/3 cup orange juice, divided
- 1 cup lime juice
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 lb. beef flank steak
- 1 lb. 31-40 ct. cooked shrimp
- 1/2 medium cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 Roma tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted
- tortilla chips, to serve
- In a small bowl combine 1/3 cup orange juice, 1/3 cup lime juice, oil and seasoning.
- Add marinade and steak to a resealable plastic bag. Seal bag; turn to coat steak. Marinate in the refrigerator for 1–4 hours.
- To grill: Preheat grill to medium-high. Add steak to grill. Cover and cook over direct heat 7–10 minutes per side or until steak reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees. Let rest 5 minutes. To broil: Preheat broiler to high and place an oven rack a few inches from broiler element. Add steak to a prepared sheet pan and cook 7–10 minutes per side or until steak reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees. Let rest 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl combine remaining orange and lime juice, shrimp, cucumber, onion, cilantro, tomato, avocado and salt and pepper to taste.
- Thinly slice steak against the grain and serve with shrimp salad and tortilla chips.
511 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 6G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.