Gratin /ˈɡratn/ a dish with a light browned crust of breadcrumbs or melted cheese. Also known as deliciousness.
- 2 cans fire-roasted corn, drained
- 1 package frozen pepper and onion strips
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups shredded Pepper Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Arrange corn and frozen vegetables on a prepared sheet pan. Bake 12–14 minutes or until tender, stirring once halfway through. Remove from oven and turn on broiler.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Whisk in the flour and chili powder until smooth. Slowly whisk in milk. Bring to a simmer, whisking to prevent any lumps. Season with salt and pepper. Add the Pepper Jack cheese, half at a time, whisking until thick and smooth after each addition. Stir in roasted vegetables.
- Transfer mixture to a prepared baking dish. Broil 5 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese. Broil 1–2 minutes more or until breadcrumbs are golden and cheese is melted.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
380 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 15G