How many breakfast quesadillas is too many quesadillas? Asking for a friend.
- 4 Schnucks large eggs
- 1/4 cup Schnucks vitamin D whole milk
- 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. Schnucks unsalted butter, divided
- 1/3 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 4 8" medium soft taco flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded Schnucks hot pepper Jack cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup Schnucks medium chunky salsa
- 1/4 cup Schnucks sour cream
- In large bowl, with whisk, lightly beat eggs with milk, cumin, salt and pepper. In nonstick 12" skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Add onions and jalapeño and cook 3 minutes or until onions are tender, stirring frequently. Pour egg mixture into skillet and cook 3 minutes or until eggs are cooked through, stirring occasionally to scramble.
- Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter in large griddle over medium heat. Place 2 tortillas on griddle. Working quickly, on each tortilla, evenly spread 1/4 cup cheese, half of egg mixture and 1/4 cup cheese. Place remaining 2 tortillas over cheese. Cook quesadillas 4-6 minutes or until tortillas are golden and cheese melts, turning quesadillas once halfway through cooking. To serve, cut each quesadilla into wedges. Top with salsa and sour cream.
Quesadillas can also be cooked one at a time in a 12″ skillet with 1/2 tablespoon butter per batch.
439 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 13G